It wouldn’t be accurate to call today particularly “casual.” Honestly, pretty much every day is casual for me. As I’ve mentioned before, one of the key elements to my personal style is keeping it comfortable, and something that I could wear all day without wanting to rip off some part of my outfit before the day is done. I’m always drawn to worn-in graphic or solid tees, and I don’t foresee ever growing out of that. My denim assortment follows this same trend- I love soft, stretchy denim or a worn-in vintage fit. I’ll dedicate a post to my denim must-haves, because that’s definitely worth talking about. I’m a firm believer that “fashionable” and “comfortable” are two words that can describe the same outfit.
Today I’m off to spend the whole day in Stamford, cheering on my boyfriend and fellow New Haven weightlifters at a USAW meet. I chose a typical Lindsay outfit to take me through this long day:
- Worn-in graphic tee – Lucky Brand (This particular t-shirt is no longer available, but here’s a similar style)
- Vintage levi cut-off shorts (Urban Renewal offers a ton of great vintage options, usually sized from XS-L)
- Silver chevron necklace from – Lucky Brand (This might be an even cooler alternative to the one I have)
- Suede sneaker wedges – Dolce Vita (Here’s a similar style from DV, without the laces)
- My essential arm candy – Madewell, Jenny Bird, vintage silver (A cooler version of my JB bracelet, and I’m totally lusting after this Frye leather wrap bracelet)
What does a casual weekend outfit look like for you? Am I alone in choosing comfort as my outfit criteria?