Today happened to be a hot and humid day in Connecticut, and I headed to work in one of my many pairs of denim cut-offs that I’ve been living in all summer. My legs have gotten used to being bare and unrestricted for the last 4 months, but pretty soon I’ll be slipping back into long pants and denim.
Just as I live in my denim cut-offs in the summer, you’re guaranteed to find me in the same handful of comfortable pants in the fall. As I’ve preached in the past: comfortable can be chic. I’ve made it my fashion mission in life to prove this to be true.
Here are 5 fall bottoms that are currently tugging at my heart strings. I’ve linked them below in case you’re looking to sport these beauties yourself this fall!
- Hudson Lilly Midrise Super Skinny in Camo [Available on Revolve] >> I’m really into camo currently, so these immediately caught my eye. My usual issue with Hudson is that I tend to only find low-rise styles when I’m out shopping, and I’m usually searching for at least a mid-rise (but preferably a high-rise fit.) These are a mid-rise AND they’ve got this awesome camo print. I’d pair these with a basic white tee or a beige chunky knit sweater.
- Rag & Bone Corduroy Bell Bottoms in Cognac [Available on ShopBop] >> You know how I feel about 70s style clothing. These have everything going for them: this rich cognac color, a skinny flare and a comfortable, stretchy corduroy material. I’d pair these with a vintage graphic tee, statement necklace and a leather jacket.
- 1969 Denim Crossback Overalls in Medium Indigo [Available at Gap] >> I’ve been hunting for a pair of overalls that won’t make me look like a 10 year old. I think I’ve found the perfect pair. They’ve got a nice and relaxed fit, with the straps crossing in the back. Another positive is that these are actually reasonably priced (thanks, Gap!)
- Alexa Chung for AG Sabine High Rise in 18 Years Patched With Love [Available at Anthropologie] >> These might seem like a departure from my other choices, since they have a bit of a summer feel, but I really love these. I love the ankle grazer length, with a high rise fit. I think these will look so adorable with a comfy plaid buttondown and a pair of low-top sneaks.
- High Riser Skinny Skinny Plaid in Bristow Plaid [Available at Madewell] >> I had to throw in a pair of plaid skinnies this fall, and these are one of my favorite fits from Madewell, so it was a done deal when I saw these. There isn’t anything to dislike here. I’d pair these with an oversized knit sweater and a pair of leather lace-up boots.
Live Well | Dress Well