Well, it’s Thursday, which means we’re one day closer to Friday, and Friday is basically the weekend. In honor of this fine day, I’ve compiled a little round-up of the pieces that I’ve had my eye on this week. The grouping is definitely leaning more toward fall than summer, but I think they’re all great transitional pieces to wear now and when it starts to get a bit chillier!
- Sanctuary Clothing Charmer Dress ($119) >> This little number is one of those dresses you can throw on and run out the door in. It’s an instant outfit with it’s flattering fit and adorable buffalo plaid print. I would pair this with some taupe booties, and maybe even a black suede moto vest.
- Minnetonka Buffalo Nickel Hat ($49.95) >> Now this is a hat. It’s perfectly distressed, and comes in 3 colors that are sure to match everything in your wardrobe. I love the metal accents on the band. This hat could easily make your entire outfit- just pair it with a slouchy white tee, dark wash skinny jeans and ankle boots. I’d add in some layered silver necklaces too, for good measure.
- Rebecca Minkoff Julian Backpack ($295) >> I’m very particular about the bags that I purchase. I need to really love it and lust after it for a long time to justify the higher price tag handbags. This is one of those bags. I love that it’s a backpack, but you can also just sling both straps over one shoulder, if you prefer. It’s got the signature Rebecca Minkoff look, and luxurious leather, but there’s something really unique about it. The look feels both edgy and polished. I must have it.
- Free People Half Moon Tank ($48) >> This is one of those FP tops that is super simple, but also versatile. It’s got a tie front, so you can play around with the fit. I’m all about versatility. I thought this would be cute paired over a lacy bralette, with some high waisted flares (see number 7.)
- Freebird by Steven Phlow Boots ($275) >> I’ve been obsessed with Freebird boots for as long as I’ve known about the brand. This whole line is made up of boots and shoes that look rugged and distressed, but are so perfectly designed. I have yet to come across a pair that I wouldn’t wear. This boot stood out to me because of the shorter shaft and the cool harness buckle. It also comes in a few different colors, but I’m drawn to the taupe color (as usual.)
- Navajo Silver & Turqoise Cuff ($99) >> I’m always on the hunt for cool handmade or vintage silver pieces. I’m especially attracted to turquoise, because it pairs so well with my typical color palette. Etsy and Ebay are always my go-to sites when I feel like hunting for jewelry. I came across this cuff and loved the unique look. It also looks like it won’t overpower my skinny wrists, which is often the problem with silver cuff bracelets.
- 7 For All Mankind Braided High Rise Flare Jeans ($235) >> If you’re like me and you aspire to look and dress like Penny Lane, then these are a must. Braided denim gives a really cool 70s vibe, especially when combined with a high rise fit and flared leg. I realize that these are quite expensive, but you know how I feel about quality denim. I’ve seen less expensive options, however, so all hope is not lost if these guys are out of your budget.
I’m heading into the city this weekend for girls day on Saturday. Maybe I’ll pick up one of the goodies from my round-up. Which one do you think it’ll be?
Live Well | Dress Well