I’ve never really been one to choose outfits ahead of time, except for important events that require pre-planning (interviews, weddings, etc.) This is not due to a lack of organizational or planning abilities, but it has more to do with how I never actually stick to the things I pick out the night prior. I may feel really strongly about an outfit one day, but I will likely wake up the next day in a completely different mood.
Take today, for instance: I went to sleep last night thinking about an entirely J.Crew outfit- gingham, denim shorts and a statement necklace. I woke up this morning with some serious seventies vibes, and went straight for my new Anthropologie flares and this cool faux-suede tee I’ve been meaning to wear. A complete departure from last night’s outfit goals.
- Faux Suede Scalloped Edge Tee – Monteau from Marshall’s >> Another one of those Marshall’s/TJ’s brands that lurks around the juniors section. If you’re looking for an inexpensive, on-trend piece then it’s always worth scanning through this section. I got this top for $15, so I won’t be too torn up if I only wear it a few times this season. For today’s outfit, it worked perfectly. Check out this equally as affordable version that comes in a bunch of great colors!
- Crescent Moon Pendant Necklace – Free People >> I really love this moon pendant necklace from FP, because it fits pretty much any bohemian look. This particular necklace is no longer available, but check out this simple moon necklace for $15!
- Pilcro Superscript High Rise Flare Jeans – Anthropologie >> I’ve been searching for a pair of high rise flares, and this pair is everything I wanted and more. They have a stretchy, flattering fit with cool 70s style touches. They’re the perfect length for my 5’10” frame, where they’re not so long that they drag on the ground and not so short that I look like I’m trying to wear kids-sized jeans. Now that’s a win. These bad boys went on sale recently, so they’ve since sold out online, but check out this other pair of Paige flares currently available at Anthro.
- Wooden Clog Boots – DSW >> These clog boots are quite old, and definitely not available still, but I can give you SO many options of awesome clogs to pair with your flares. These are easily one of my favorite types of shoes to shop for. Currently, I’m obsessing over these Kelsi Dagger boots. I also have my eye on these Sandgren Clogs and these Rachel Comey beauties. Thanks, Anthro, for fulfilling all of my clog needs this season.
- Wool Panama Hat – Vince Camuto >> I picked up this hat when I worked for Collection XIIX. Camuto was one of our private label brands, and this was a style that was in the works for the fall season. Check out this style that’s readily available on the website, with a seriously cool band.
Live Well | Dress Well